A wedding favor is a small gift, often tied to the theme of the wedding, given to your guests as a ‘thank you’ for celebrating your day. Favors are generally either placed on the dinner tables at the reception or on a special table at the exit for guests to take on their way out. Not only are favors fun to create, they are a great way to embellish your reception décor and personalize your day!
- If you are giving favors per couple (as opposed to per person), consider distributing them at the end of the evening on a special table for guests to take on their way out. This eliminates the awkwardness of ‘singling out the singles,’ so anyone flying solo for the night can receive their favor with grace.
- Consider tying the theme of the wedding to your choice of favor. For example, if you are having a wine-and-cheese reception, perhaps give custom wine stoppers to your guests.
- If opting for an edible favor (such as a personalized cookie or chocolates) make sure they taste as good as they look or you will find yourself with dozens of leftovers.
- A ‘candy bar’ is a great option for those with a sweet tooth … it is a collection of sweets (often themed to your wedding colors) laid out buffet-style for your guests to put in mini-gift-bags as their favor. Loved by all ages!
- Consider an eco-friendly favor, such as tree saplings or a donation in the name of your guests, to help combat the carbon-footprint of the wedding day.